Checklist ITIL environment health check
14 questions for an ITIL environment health check
1. Who owns the relationship with each customer? Are all customers owned?
2. What service catalogue do customers see? Users? IT staff? (See p36)
3. How do users request a new service or a change to how they get the service? How is that provisioned?
4. When did you last celebrate good performance or a goal met?
5. What person owns each process?
6. What accountability do people have for process compliance? How is it measured? Rewarded?
7. Is the service performance benchmarked and reviewed regularly? What is the process to act on unacceptable results of that review?
8. What training and coaching are new staff given? Check it includes work procedures. Do existing staff get updates and refreshers?
9. What has improved in the last year? How can you tell?
10. How is customer satisfaction tracking? How is it measured? How often?
11. How is user satisfaction tracking? (Not the same thing. Customers pay. Users use.)
12. How do you review processes and procedures? Who is involved? How often?
13. When was the last priority 1 incident?
14. What is the data quality of reports, especially service levels? What can’t you report on?